Tamiya Code: 58346 The Grasshopper 1/10 R/C Car Series No.346
Let It All Begin With This 1 Buggy
Based on 1-seater buggies seen tearing-up dirt tracks across the U.S. in the 80's, the Grasshopper first made its appearance in R/C stores in 1984. Boasting easy assembly and easy control, the lightweight Grasshopper proved an instant hit as the perfect entry level R/C kit. Also compatible with a whole range of option parts such as oil dampers, 540 motor and ball bearings, the Grasshopper was an entry level car that could keep up with the owners driving experience. Packed with all the fantastic features of the original kit, this fun 2WD buggy is a blast on both off-road and on-road tracks. Whether it was your first or will be your first, the Grasshopper guarantees to please.
Simple But Tough 2WD Chassis
The perfect combination of simple assembly and tough exterior is what made the Grasshopper so special. Durable plastic body is fastened to bathtub resin monocoque chassis by screws, creating a solid frame that can absorb any type of rough handling. Off-road tracks can be tackled with ease thanks to coil spring dampers, and independent swing axle front and rigid axle rear suspension. Diff loaded sealed gearbox keeps out the dirt and stones for smooth driving and cornering. Paddle style rear tyres and grooved front tyres combine with 3-piece assembly type wheels for excellent grip performance on dirt tracks. Half-body driver figure adds that finishing touch to a fun off-road R/C car.
- Length: 389mm, width: 223mm, height: 135mm, weight: 830g
- 380 type motor (chassis compatible with 540 type motor - sold separately)
- Transmission Type: Rear 2 Wheel Drive
- Independent swing axle front suspension, rolling rigid axle rear suspension, friction dampers
- Sealed rear gearbox to protect diff gear during off-road running
- 3-piece assembly wheel, straight ribbed racing front tyres, paddle rear tyres
- Front and rear axle compatible with ball bearings (sold separately)
Required Items (Sold Separately)
- Radio Control System
- Battery: Tamiya 7.2V Racing Pack or equivalent